Apprenticeship as a Chef
The apprenticeship to become a chef starts on August 1, usually takes three years, and ends with a Chamber of Industry and Commerce examination. It is also possible to complete a shorter course or undergo further training.
During your apprenticeship in our group catering team, you will you will learn everything about a chef’s everyday routine, including:
- How to prepare food taking nutritional, economic, and ecological aspects into account
- What working and cooking techniques a chef should have mastered
- Which hygiene regulations need to be complied with
- How to ensure optimal office organization and materials management
If you wish to complete your training with us, you should meet the following requirements:
- Good GCSEs / High-school diploma with a good grade point average
- Enjoy cooking, being around people
- A flair for manual tasks
- Flexibility, service focus, creativity and resilience
- No inhibitions about speaking with our international staff in English
Your application, ideally consisting of a cover letter, curriculum vitae (résumé) and report cards/certificates, can be uploaded using the online form on our career page. You can access the form via the job listing at our career page Vacancies.