Apprenticeship as a Chef
The apprenticeship to become a chef starts on August 1, usually takes three years, and ends with a Chamber of Industry and Commerce examination. It is also possible to complete a shorter course or undergo further training.
During your apprenticeship in our group catering team, you will you will learn everything about a chef’s everyday routine, including:
- How to prepare food taking nutritional, economic, and ecological aspects into account
- What working and cooking techniques a chef should have mastered
- Which hygiene regulations need to be complied with
- How to ensure optimal office organization and materials management
If you wish to complete your training with us, you should meet the following requirements:
- Good GCSEs / High-school diploma with a good grade point average
- Enjoy cooking, being around people
- A flair for manual tasks
- Flexibility, service focus, creativity and resilience
- No inhibitions about speaking with our international staff in English
Your application, ideally consisting of a cover letter, curriculum vitae (résumé) and report cards/ certificates, can be uploaded using the online form on our career page. You can access the form via the job listing or via the “Speculative Application” link at our career page Vacancies.