Skytanking provides a full range of aviation fuelling services including into-plane fuelling, aviation fuel storage and hydrant management, investment in aviation fuel facilities at airports and engineering. Its customers are airlines, airports, and oil companies. The company currently handles 23.2 million cbm of aviation fuel per year, refuels 2 million aircraft – which is equivalent to four fuellings per minute – and has operations at 79 airports in 14 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America.
Skytanking employs around 2,000 people.
Skytanking North America Inc. at our Philadelphia HUB is looking for a
As a member of our Fueling team you will be responsible for the safe and efficient fueling/defueling and servicing of aircraft. You will be driving and operating small specialized commercial vehicles at times and as such you will require a valid driver’s license with a clear driving record.
You will need to be able to perform simple mathematical functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing with regards to weight, measurement and volume as part of the job is to interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions as they pertain to fuelling. You will be required to maintain a safe and secure work environment, in accordance with local health, safety, and security policies and procedures.
We cross-train our employees so you may be expected to work in other areas of the operation. While previous experience may be beneficial, it is not required as we provide classroom and on the job training to ensure you are fully trained for your new position prior to starting.
- To be part of our high performing team, you will need to be at least 18 years of age, be able to speak, read and write in English proficiently and have authorization to work in the US.
- All airport staff working airside must be badged by the relevant airport authority. In order to obtain an airport identification badge with a customs seal, you will need to pass all FBI and other background checks.
- We take the safety of our staff, customers and passengers seriously and as such, you will have to be willing to submit and pass a drug and physical abilities test. You will be handling fueling carts and fueling hoses which will require you to lift and move up to 70lbs for long periods of time.
- The job is primarily is done outdoors which will require you to work in all weather conditions. A flexible schedule is needed due to the ever changing airline schedules.
- Fuel aircraft as requested.
- Perform fueling and de-fueling operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for accurate accounting of fuel transactions.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and functional condition.
- Ensure correct loading and balancing of fuel.
- Use fuel trucks, hydrant carts, and stationary carts to fuel aircraft.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with general cleaning and clearing of debris from ramp, building, and customer areas.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License.
- Must successfully complete the Company's training programs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Interested candidates should apply through the Apply button and Workday link.