GSE Mechanic (m/f/d)
Skytanking provides a full range of aviation fuelling services including into-plane fuelling, aviation fuel storage and hydrant management, investment in aviation fuel facilities at airports and engineering. Its customers are airlines, airports, and oil companies. The company currently handles 23.2 million cbm of aviation fuel per year, refuels 2 million aircraft – which is equivalent to four fuellings per minute – and has operations at 82 airports in 14 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America.
Skytanking employs around 2,000 people.
Skytanking North America Inc. at our Philadelphia HUB is looking for a
Maintains gasoline, diesel and electrical equipment by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements, correcting any vehicle discrepancies and making all necessary adjustments and repairs, including record keeping and tracking such repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines vehicle condition, performs inspections, and conducts diagnostic tests.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventative maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corroision, and comnpleting winterization processes and procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, subassemblies, components, parts or systesms, such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emissions, brakes, steering, and hydraulics.
- Familiarization with the theory of operation for governor controlled vehicles, control linkages and clutches.
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning washing and replacing as needed.
- Maintains clean legible vehicle records.
- Follow company safety policies and procedures.
- Is able to meet the Station’s attendance standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform he essential functions.
- Ability to learn all aspects of ground support equipment used in the operation.
- Must provide necessary tools.
Education and/or Experience:
- Highschool diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years of related experience; or completion of an Automotive/Diesel Mechanic Degree Program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ASE Certification a plus.
Interested candidates should apply through the Apply button and Workday link.