Regional IT Manager (m/v/d)
Oiltanking has been active in tank storage logistics since 1972, and is one of the largest independent operators of tank terminals for oils, chemicals and gases worldwide. The company owns and operates 73 terminals in 24 countries with a total storage capacity of 20 million cbm, on five continents – in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa, India, and the Asia-Pacific region.
For our European office we are looking for an ambitious
Regional IT Manager
- Business Partner
Centrally coordinates the IT engagement with the business in the Europe region; collaborates closely with local MD’s, central IT, IT Business Partner, IT Partners and divisional Business Partners in order to identify/manage demands for the region; Oversees and/or delivers project management for regional and global IT projects.
- Operational Excellence
Responsible for the operational management and administrative support of the Information Technology environment of the Marquard & Bahls Business Units in the Region. Ensures effective utilization of equipment and personnel required for the information needs of the supported MuB companies. Responsible for operational excellence of IT in the region as well as alignment with central IT and regional business managers regarding performance of the IT service center and for coordinating all IT activities between its sites and central-level IT functions.
Applies central IT strategy to the needs of the regional business in close collaboration with regional business management and central IT. Closely collaborates with the central IT to manage regional business relations and operational, tactical, and strategic IT needs of the business. Responsible, through subordinates, for planning and oversight of the development, installation and operation of all information systems in the region. Travel to each site will be required.
- Provide regional input to the IT strategy, technology roadmap and technology architecture, ensuring alignment with central IT standards and to business and strategic direction of M&B. IT Audits & Compliance The position will be responsible for the completion of monthly, quarterly and semi-annual IT reviews for the sites and remediating any resulting issues. The position also provides support for internal and external audits.
- Oversee and prioritise demand for the region from both the Business and IT in alignment with the respective divisional Business Partner(s); coordinate the regional IT project portfolio and provide project management to regional IT projects
- Manage regional strategic relationships with central IT and the Business; Understand regional business priorities and ensures the portfolio of change projects is aligned to overall business strategy and roadmaps, and focus on customer needs. Escalation point within IT for incidents, problems and IT service continuity
- Understand the business and technology strategy; partner with business customers and stakeholders to ensure that existing and emerging processes and technologies are understood and applied in order to generate business benefit
- Collaborate with IT Business Partner, IT Partners, and divisional Business Partners in proactively understanding business priorities, driving modernisation and growth across core product areas, challenging conventional thinking and adopting a ‘value add’ attitude
- Ensure that business priorities and current trends in the technology industry are understood and applied in order to generate business benefit, and act as the escalation point. Ensures IT resources, capabilities and capacity to meet both existing and new business demand and promotes positive dialogue regarding the transition of new and changed IT services into operations
- Ensure the seamless end-to-end delivery of all IT services (Infrastructure, Apllications) used to support the business, fulfilling demand and capacity needs. Ensures operational activities comply with M&B standards, policies and regulatory requirements. Delivers all operational IT services according to defined service levels and develops the infrastructure landscape according to business needs and considering innovation.
- Ensures IT operational management processes are in place to control and deliver IT services reliably, efficiently and effectively. Ensures IT services required by the business are available, are maintained and can be recovered within the required business timelines. Drive continuous improvement in terms of IT operations efficiency, IT service quality and customer satisfaction
- 5-10 years in IT, preferrably in operations, project management and/or business relationship management roles
- Required Knowledge and (Leadership) Skills
- Broad knowledge of information systems and solutions, especially IT infrastructure in the region as well as region-specific business applications
- Project management skill, preferrably with academic knowledge of project management standards
- Profound knowledge of IT operations management incl. processes and process frameworks (IT Infrastructure Library)
- Experience with IT cost management
- Knowledge of and adherence to global M&B technology standards
- Profound knowledge and understanding of IT services and systems of the assigned region
- Experience in working in international companies
- Experience working in virtual global teams
- Ability to understand new technologies quickly and identify their potential to achieve business objectives in the region
- Disciplinary and administrative people management skill
- Able to motivate and inspire people not only in the local team but also in a global virtual team
Preferrably university or college diploma in information systems, IT management with a strong business back-ground; alternatively diploma in business administration or related field with subsequent experience in IT.
Ineke Druif, Oiltanking Europe B.V.
+31 (0)20 3338385